Cermatec™ is an excellent shaft bearing material for vertical pumps in abrasive services
Cermatec™ can be used for vertically suspended pump shaft bearings in abrasive services, replacing rubber, other ceramics, or metal bearings. Cermatec™ is durable, chemically resistant, and can survive run dry periods at start up. Upgrade your vertical pump shaft bearings to Cermatec™ to make your pumps last longer.
What to do:
- Provide the dimensions of the original shaft bearings so that we can design Cermatec™ replacements
- Install the Cermatec™ bearings
- Run the Cermatec™ bearings against hard-coated sleeves or shaft
- Make sure the pump rotor turns freely after assembly to verify rotor concentricity
- Re-check that the rotor turns freely after installed with the coupling in the field to avoid coupling-induced shaft misalignment.
Benefits of Applying Cermatec™:
- Abrasive resistant and chemical resistant bearings
- Impact resistant and thermal shock resistant bearings
- Long life and low wear rate
- Tolerant of dry running at start-up
- Increased pump reliability