Thanks to advances in material development, composite materials can now be used for a wide range of centrifugal pump applications. New machines benefit from composite wear rings through higher pump efficiency and lower life cycle costs. For older designs, an upgrade to composite wear rings can often result in significant improvements to reliability, safety, and efficiency.
Boulden can provide the composite wear rings your equipment needs. We work with advanced materials like DuPont™ Vespel® CR-6100 to deliver the most reliable solutions. For new pumps, specify Vespel® CR-6100 as the wear ring material to your OEM. For repairs, ask your local pump service center to purchase Vespel® CR-6100 to upgrade your pumps with composite wear rings so your pump delivers better performance and a longer working life.
Benefits of Composite Wear Rings
- Composite wear ring materials are engineered to reduce or eliminate the risk of seizure
- Cost effective method of improving equipment reliability
- Composite wear rings allow closer clearances which reduce equipment vibration and seal leaks
- Composite wear rings with reduced clearance can significantly increase mean time between repair (MTBR)
- Composite materials are an effective replacement for stainless steel, cast iron, or bronze wear components
- Can survive running dry during off-design pumping conditions