Boulden carries a huge inventory of Vespel® CR-6100 from 1.5” (38 mm) to 16” (406 mm) diameters
We have inventory in Conshohocken, PA; Houston, TX; Luxembourg; and Singapore
Pumps that break down don’t help you get your job done. Protect your pump from wear, damage and failure with parts made from Dupont™ Vespel® CR-6100.
Boulden carries a large inventory of DuPont™ Vespel® CR-6100 for the rotating equipment market. If you are looking for Vespel® CR-6100, we can ship the material you need today. Click here to see our standard stock sizes.
What is Vespel® CR-6100?
Vespel® CR-6100 is a composite material made from long carbon fibers and Teflon® PFA resin. Since 1997, Vespel® CR-6100 has been used across the hydrocarbon processing and other fluid handling industries to replace wear components made from metal, carbon, and other composites. Vespel® CR-6100 is made with a unique manufacturing process which orients the fibers in an x-y plane. For a wear part in a rotating machine, the x-y plane is the plane perpendicular to rotation. Below are some of the properties of Vespel® CR-6100 which make it ideal for rotating equipment wear components:
- Temperature capabilities from cryogenic to 500⁰F (260⁰C)
- Coefficient of thermal expansion less than carbon steel (in the x-y plane)
- Near-universal chemical compatibility. We have not yet found a fluid used in the hydrocarbon processing industry which is chemically incompatible with Vespel® CR-6100.
- Ease of machining and installation
What Types of Parts Can Be Made From Vespel® CR-6100?
At Boulden, we machine Vespel® CR-6100 into a wide range of parts. If you don’t find what you are looking for on our list of Vespel® CR-6100 parts, give us a call to discuss custom parts.
- Throttle Bushings
- Vertical Pump Shaft Bearings
- Throat Bushings
- Agitator Bearings
- API Separator Bearings
- Gear Pump Bearings
- Centrifugal Compressor Labyrinth Seals
- PERF-Seal™ Components
- Reciprocating Compressor Valve Plates
- Pump Wear Rings
What Types of Problems Can Vespel® CR-6100 Parts Solve?
Vespel® CR-6100 parts can help solve a lot of problems. So many, in fact, that swapping standard parts for Vespel® CR-6100 machined parts can extend the life of your equipment considerably. Some problems that Vespel® CR-6100 parts can help to solve include:
- Pump seizure
- Pump inefficiency
- Pump cavitation
- Pump vibration
- Pump failure
Additional DuPont™ Vespel® Information
- Dupont™ Vespel® CR-6100
- Dupont™ Vespel® Machined Parts
- Vespel® CR-6100 Applications
- Problems Vespel® CR-6100 Solves /Case Studies
- Industries Vespel® CR-6100 Serves
- Vespel® CR-6100 Resources