For your toughest, most corrosive services, Vespel® CR-6100 offers excellent performance as a
Vespel® CR-6100 Application:
For extremely corrosive media, Vespel® CR-6100 can be used to manufacture centrifugal compressor labyrinth seals. Vespel® CR-6100 is used for stationary labyrinth type seals—tooth on stator designs. It is not used as an abradable seal (tooth on rotor design).
What to do When Applying Vespel CR-6100 to Centrifugal Compressor Labyrinth Seals:
- Replace existing labyrinth materials with Vespel® CR-6100
- Consult with Boulden and the maintenance shop doing the overhaul to establish design details.
Benefits of Vespel CR-6100 on Centrifugal Compressor Labyrinth Seals:
- Durable seals which resist breakage from mechanical shocks
- Potential to reduce clearance compared to aluminum labyrinth seals leading to higher compressor efficiency
- Near universal chemical resistance
- Thermally stable to 500°F (260°C)
Contact Boulden to learn more about upgrading to Vespel® CR-6100.
Contact Boulden today with your application details to upgrade your centrifugal compressor labyrinth seals to Vespel® CR-6100. You can also learn more about Vespel® CR-6100 by signing up for our newsletter! We have the material you need in stock and can ship immediately.