Vespel® CR-6100 idler bearing in a gear pump. This bearing has been running since June 2006
Previous carbon bearings
would fail repeatedly.
Vespel® CR-6100 Application:
Vespel® CR-6100 can help solve problems with gear pump bearings, particularly in situations where existing materials are brittle or lack chemical resistance to the medium being pumped.
What to do When Applying Vespel CR-6100 to Gear Pump Bearings:
- Replace existing bearing materials with Vespel® CR-6100
- Consult with Boulden and the pump OEM to determine the correct clearance
Benefits of Vespel CR-6100 on Gear Pump Bearings :
- Low wear and long life
- High load-carrying ability
- Near-zero creep
- Durable material that does not break from mechanical or thermal shocks compared to carbon-based materials
- Near universal chemical resistance
Contact Boulden to learn more about upgrading to Vespel® CR-6100.
Contact Boulden today with your application details to upgrade your gear pump bearings to Vespel® CR-6100. You can also learn more about Vespel® CR-6100 by signing up for our newsletter! We have the material you need in stock and can ship immediately.