Vespel® CR-6100 shaft bearings
can be machined with axial or
Vespel® CR-6100 is an ideal shaft bearing material for multi-stage
Vertically Suspended Pump Shaft Bearings
Vespel® CR-6100 Application:Vespel® CR-6100 is an ideal material for vertically suspended pump shaft bearings, replacing traditional materials like bronze, carbon, or plastic bearings.
What to do to Get the Most Out of Your Vertical Pump Shaft Bearings
- Replace existing bearing materials with Vespel® CR-6100
- Keep the original design bearing clearance
- Make sure the pump overhaul results in good rotor concentricity. The rotor should turn freely after assembly.
- Vertically suspended pumps generally use rigid couplings. There should be a second check after coupling to make sure the rotor still turns freely to avoid coupling-induced shaft misalignment.
Benefits of Vespel® CR-6100 on Vertical Pump Shaft Bearings
- Greater tolerance of dry-running at start up compared to traditional materials
- Low wear and long life
- Durable material that does not break from mechanical or thermal shocks compared to carbon-based materials