Vespel® CR-6100 shaft bearings
can be machined with axial or
Vespel® CR-6100 is an ideal shaft bearing material for multi-stage
Vertically Suspended Pump Shaft Bearings
Vespel® CR-6100 Application:Vespel® CR-6100 is an ideal material for vertically suspended pump shaft bearings, replacing traditional materials like bronze, carbon, or plastic bearings.
What to do:
- Replace existing bearing materials with Vespel® CR-6100
- Keep the original design bearing clearance
- Make sure the pump overhaul results in good rotor concentricity. The rotor should turn freely after assembly.
- Vertically suspended pumps generally use rigid couplings. There should be a second check after coupling to make sure the rotor still turns freely to avoid coupling-induced shaft misalignment.
- Greater tolerance of dry-running at start up compared to traditional materials
- Low wear and long life
- Durable material that does not break from mechanical or thermal shocks compared to carbon-based materials