Upgrade your condensate pump shaft bushings to Vespel® CR-6100.
The First Pump Upgraded to Vespel® CR-6100
In the fall of 1997, a refinery in California decided to try Vespel® CR-6100 in a pair of condensate return pumps which were causing headaches.
- For more than 20 years, the plant suffered chronic failures with a pair of condensate-return pumps
- Most common failure mode was seizing
- Other materials including nickel-impregnated graphite, and PEEK-based polymers had failed quickly when the pump ran dry
What they did
- Upgraded shaft bearings and stationary wear rings to Vespel® CR-6100
- After 9 years of service, no seizures
- After 3 years of service, one pump was removed for inspection and showed “as-installed” clearances on the shaft bushings and wear rings
- Pump life dramatically improved
If your condensate pumps are not performing as reliably as you would like, contact Boulden today to discuss whether Vespel® CR-6100 can help make your pumps more reliable.