Vespel® CR-6100 machines easily
Vespel® CR-6100 presses in with no heating or cooling required.
Machining Vespel® CR-6100Vespel® CR-6100 can be machined on metal working equipment by standard lathe single point turning.
- Use carbide tipped tools with a 5° to 15° rake angle at the front face and a positive (0 to 5°) back rake angle.
- For longer production runs, diamond tipped tools or inserts provide increased tool life.
- Use feeds and speeds appropriate for turning aluminum.
- Coolant is not normally required for turning, unless there is a particular need to maximize dimensional stability.
- Turned diameter surface finishes of 63 micro-inches (1.6 micro-meters) are typical using a visual surface finish reference guide.
- Bushing grooves, axial and spiral type, can be generated using standard carbide tipped broaching tools or end mills.
- As in machining all fluorocarbon materials, part temperature should be maintained below 572°F (300°C) to avoid the possible liberation of a fine particulate fume. See the DuPont MSDS for Vespel® CR-6100 if more detailed information is required.
Contact Boulden to learn more about upgrading to Vespel® CR-6100.
Contact Boulden today with your application details to upgrade to Vespel® CR-6100. You can also learn more about Vespel® CR-6100 by signing up for our newsletter! We here at Boulden have the material you need in stock and can ship immediately.