Improve the lubrication of your air cooled heat exchanger fans with Krytox™
The air cooled heat exchangers in a process facility are always a tough lubrication application. The bearings are located in a tough to access area and often operating at elevated temperature. For induced drafted heat exchangers, the bearings can often run at 100 C (212 F) when in service. It is not a surprise to find out that bearing failure is one of the top maintenance problems with these machines.
Krytox™ can help improve the life of air cooled heat exchanger bearings. Krytox™ does not oxidize and can be used for extremely long lubrication intervals, lower maintenance requirements and improved bearing life.
What to do:
- Clean the bearing of any other lubricant or preservative oil
- Grease the bearing with Krytox™. (Contact Boulden for detailed procedures)
- Replace seals or shields to prevent leakage of the grease.
- Tag the bearing as being greased for life with Krytox™
- Fill approximately 40% of the bearing housing free space on either side of the bearing with Krytox™
- Fewer bearing failures
- Lower routine maintenance requirements
- Reduced manpower requirements for routine maintenance activities—your people can focus on the important machines and tasks on site to improve production and reliability
If you are looking for a better solution for lubricating the air cooled heat exchanger bearings at your site, contact Boulden today.