Gear Pump Bearings
Vespel® CR-6100 idler bearing in a gear pump. This bearing has been running since June 2006
Previous carbon bearings would fail repeatedly.
Boulden B-Series and Vespel® CR-6100 Applications:
Engineered composite materials can help solve problems with gear pump bearings, particularly in situations where existing materials are brittle or lack chemical resistance to the medium being pumped.
What to do When Applying Vespel CR-6100 or B-Series to Gear Pump Bearings:
- Replace existing bearing materials with Vespel® CR-6100 or Boulden B-Series
- Consult with Boulden and the pump OEM to determine the correct clearance
Benefits of Using Composite Materials on Gear Pump Bearings :
- Low wear and long life
- High load-carrying ability
- Near-zero creep
- Durable material that does not break from mechanical or thermal shocks compared to carbon-based materials
- Near universal chemical resistance
Contact Boulden to learn more about upgrading to Vespel® CR-6100 or Boulden B-Series
Contact Boulden today with your application details to upgrade your gear pump bearings to engineered composite material. You can also learn more about upgrading your gear pump bearings by signing up for our newsletter! We have the material you need in stock and can ship immediately.