Upgrade your condensate pump shaft bushings to Vespel® CR-6100.
The First Pump Upgraded to Vespel® CR-6100
In the fall of 1997, a refinery in California decided to try Vespel® CR-6100 in a pair of condensate return pumps which were causing headaches.
- For more than 20 years, the plant suffered chronic failures with a pair of condensate-return pumps
- Most common failure mode was seizing
- Other materials including nickel-impregnated graphite, and PEEK-based polymers had failed quickly when the pump ran dry
What they did
- Upgraded shaft bearings and stationary wear rings to Vespel® CR-6100
- After 9 years of service, no seizures
- After 3 years of service, one pump was removed for inspection and showed “as-installed” clearances on the shaft bushings and wear rings
- Pump life dramatically improved
Additional DuPont™ Vespel® CR-6100
Dupont™ Vespel® CR-6100 Standard Stock Size
Dupont™ Vespel® Machined Parts
Vespel® CR-6100 Applications
Problems Vespel® CR-6100 Solves /Case Studies
Industries Vespel® CR-6100 Serves
Vespel® CR-6100 Resources
Contact Boulden to see how Vespel® CR-6100 can help solve your Condensate Pump Failure
If your condensate pumps are not performing as reliably as you would like, contact Boulden today to discuss whether Vespel® CR-6100 can help make your pumps more reliable. And sign up for our Newsletter for more Vespel® CR-6100 news!