Vespel® CR-6100 Material Information
Dupont Vespel® CR-6100 Machined Pump Components
Centrifugal Pump Components Machined From Dupont Vespel® CR-6100
If you prefer to purchase finished components, Boulden can supply finished or semi-finished parts in a matter of days. We also have a large inventory of composite materials, in-stock and ready to ship today.
Boulden has dedicated CNC machines to manufacture Vespel® CR-6100 parts. We can make a wide range of component shapes and geometries:
- Solid Vespel® CR-6100 parts
- Split components
- Vespel® CR-6100 inserted into metal holders
- Shaft bearings with spiral grooves
- Shaft bearings with axial grooves
- PERF Seal™ Components for even greater performance
Dupont™ Vespel® CR-6100 Machined Parts & Machining Specs
At Boulden, our dedicated CNC machines can quickly and effectively produce finished or semi-finished machined parts with short turnaround times. Whatever your component geometry, we can work with you to design and manufacture a Vespel® CR-6100 part to suit your application needs. The specifications for machiningVespel include the following parameters:
- Use carbide-tipped tools with a 5° to 15° rake angle at the front face and a positive (0 to 5°) back rake angle.
- For longer production runs, diamond-tipped tools or inserts provide increased tool life.
- Use feeds and speeds appropriate for turning aluminum.
- Coolant is not normally required for turning unless there is a need to maximize dimensional stability.
- Turned diameter surface finishes of 63 micro-inches (1.6 micro-meters) are typically using a visual surface finish reference guide.
- Bushing grooves, axial and spiral types, can be generated using standard carbide-tipped broaching tools or end mills.
- As in machining all fluorocarbon materials, the part temperature should be maintained below 572°F (300°C) to avoid the possible liberation of a fine particulate fume. See the DuPont MSDS for Vespel® CR-6100 if more detailed information is required.
Whatever your component geometry, we can work with you to design and manufacture a Vespel® CR-6100 part to fit the application.